Psalm 77:11-12

I shall remember the deeds of the LORD; surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I will meditate on all Your work and muse on Your deeds. Psalm 77:11-12

Friday, April 1, 2011

Kiko Goats


Are a 'new' breed derived from the best stock from New Zealand feral goats.

They are a very low maintenance meat goat and we are very low maintenance farmers.

We're thinking about getting Kikos for meat and a few Nubians for milk.

Mr. Walton was very generous to show us his animals and set up today.

He even offered us the brown 15/16 purebred at a good price, but we have a lot to think about yet.

I will be wrapping the trees I want to keep in chicken wire!

3 comments:

  1. We had a goat once--nasty thing (cute, but nasty). I'm sure yours will be better behaved. (Those trees crack me up.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun picture! (And those poor trees!)What are those goats all looking at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy, if you get two different kinds of goats...keep them separate. You don't want the meat goats mating with the Nubians!

    ReplyDelete