Psalm 77:11-12

I shall remember the deeds of the LORD; surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I will meditate on all Your work and muse on Your deeds. Psalm 77:11-12

Monday, April 4, 2011

Depriving my Daughter of Adventure


  I try not to deprive my daughter of adventure. She has been created with an appetite for it and a fearless streak to go with, and believing that this was planned by her Creator, G and I rarely "put our foot down".
 At this time last year she was returning from 6 weeks in Kenya after traveling there on her own, and where she encountered various dangers. She is currently attending a remote area missionary training school and lives on a mountain in a cabin without electricity or phone and keeps out the chill with a woodstove. She has been riding around on the mountain primarily on a dirt bike and has the stitches to prove it.
  However, today the foot dropped as she readied to return to the mountain. We made her stay home one more day, over her protests.
  It's a 6+ hour drive, and call me squeamish, but this was one adventure I was not willing to send her into.

1 comment: