Psalm 77:11-12

I shall remember the deeds of the LORD; surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I will meditate on all Your work and muse on Your deeds. Psalm 77:11-12

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Canyons in the Gravel, Stars in the Grass


In addition to the appearance of river otters, blue herons, ducks, geese, logs and yesterday even a floating plastic storage bin in the lower regions of our property, there are also interesting things happening on higher ground these days. 

We have a recurring canyon which forms in the gravel drive after each very heavy rain. We fill it in, it rains quite hard, the waters pour down the hillside, across the drive, washes out the gravel and it forms again.  We fill it in, it rains quite hard, the waters pour down the hillside...yeah, you get the picture.

Another is that with the strong winds gusting every few hours, the dandelion heads, which are legion in my yard with no threat of demise, all look like stars instead of puffballs. I prefer them this way. I LOVE them this way. And I am hoping that the seeds traveled far, far away, maybe even into Kentucky.

Update on the water level: 
This was today at noon. 
By 4 it had lowered to mid driveway, but now it's been raining hard for awhile with more on the way, so who knows how it will look tomorrow.

Who ever said country life is boring?



1 comment:

  1. This is the first year I've noticed the dandelion stars. I took some photos as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete