Psalm 77:11-12

I shall remember the deeds of the LORD; surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I will meditate on all Your work and muse on Your deeds. Psalm 77:11-12

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

God of All Transport


  We have been down to one vehicle since Thursday and I have been marveling at how God has chosen to confirm His will in my life recently via something as uninspiring as transportation. 
  Example One: I recently did not want to go to an event that I was absolutely certain the Lord was sending me to. So being the 'obedient' child that I am I readied myself while groaning, grumbling and sighing, all the while cherishing the thought that just maybe I would be allowed to opt out at the last minute, until my neighbor called and needed a ride to the same event. Ta da: I had to go and I had to stay.
  Example Two: The Lord asked me to do an important job for one day. That was all He needed me for, but I decided that I would stay longer when my dear husband called to say that vehicle #2 had just lost its entire store of oil in the staff parking lot and needed a tow. My husband and sons would need to be picked up by me within a few hours, and that, as they say, was that. 
  And there have been many more, but in the end they are all the same:

The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.
Proverbs 16:9   

Truly I am glad that the Lord's means of steering or stopping me are limitless. It is a great comfort to know that while I can severely mess things up, I can never thwart His plans for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment