Psalm 77:11-12

I shall remember the deeds of the LORD; surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I will meditate on all Your work and muse on Your deeds. Psalm 77:11-12

Monday, February 28, 2011

3-2-1 Eggnog


We have our own eggs again! 
I'm so thankful to God for creating chickens!
Most of the time, that is. ;) 
Having fresh eggnog for breakfast 
this morning was a delight. 
 3-2-1-2-3 is our easy to remember formula. 
I don't make this with store-bought eggs 
because of the risk of salmonella.
3 cups milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 shakes nutmeg
3 packets stevia

Blend very briefly on low.
If you prefer sugar, substitute for the stevia to taste.

4 comments:

  1. YUM! I should try that for Paul. He loves eggnog, and he usually just drinks at Christmastime. I have access to non-store bought eggs too. Good idea! I made it once in Spain about 28 years ago. It was good then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,
    This was almost more of an 'eggmilk'--very light. But it's an easy recipe to play with--you can use half n half, add an egg, more or less vanilla, etc. If I need to get protein into the family before heading out the door, this is a good way to do it and I add an egg and more vanilla to cover it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I'd love to have chickens again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We want chickens! (But not in our apartment.) You are blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete