Psalm 77:11-12

I shall remember the deeds of the LORD; surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I will meditate on all Your work and muse on Your deeds. Psalm 77:11-12

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Miraculous Survival

 
After months under a thick layer of ice, 
my goldfish are alive and swimming happily.

How?
By wisdom and mercy.


By Wisdom.
They were created to do what they do
by a benevolent and thoughtful Creator,
Who does all things well, 
Whose ways are above our ways,
Whose thoughts are above our thoughts.

By Mercy.
When His creation was assaulted
He designed survival.


It is
miraculous
astonishing
sobering.


The LORD is good to all, and His mercies are over all His works. 
All Your works shall give thanks to You, O LORD,
         And Your godly ones shall bless You.

Psalm 145: 9,10 

(See January 7, 2011 for ice pictures.)

2 comments:

  1. I was always just amazed how my fish "sat" there under ice, then came back to life when spring came!

    ReplyDelete