Psalm 77:11-12

I shall remember the deeds of the LORD; surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I will meditate on all Your work and muse on Your deeds. Psalm 77:11-12

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Venison French Dips


       We are still enjoying C's buck from the fall. This meal was an easy crowd-pleaser! I slow-cooked the venison in organic beef broth with a quartered onion on low for most of the day. Then I strained out the pieces, pulled them apart and loaded them onto the bottom half of 4 whole grain hoagies. I used thick slices of mozzarella and fresh cracked pepper, broiled them, then closed the sandwiches and broiled them a little longer. The Aus Jus was the strained broth with mushrooms added after I removed the venison and onions. 

It was a loud meal full of smacking, oohing, ahhing and mmming. And what do you know? 
No leftovers.  :)


2 comments:

  1. I think this was my favorite venison recipe thus far. Great job, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete