Psalm 77:11-12

I shall remember the deeds of the LORD; surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I will meditate on all Your work and muse on Your deeds. Psalm 77:11-12

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day: Better Banana Splits and Worse Poetry

The Father's Day meal ended well, after a rocky start: 
I cut off the tip of my thumb--not exactly the kind of 'special' G was hoping for. 
He's SO picky. ;)
Better Banana Splits:
Split a banana
Lay it out on a plate
Fuzz it with whipped cream
Splat with crushed berries
Drizzle and Glop with semi-sweet ganache
Be glad you don't have to share
Happy Father's Day Honey!

Worse Poetry:
It's Father's Day my handsome man, and here's my poem for you.
(Since twice I searched the real cards and they were mostly poo.)
I'm glad you are my husband, and all my children's father.
I like the way you tolerate us when we are a bother.
I'm thankful that you love the Lord and serve him every day,
I'm blessed to know you'll follow Him instead of better pay.
You set a good example for our boys by working hard,
And taking time for playing games and acting like a card.
Your daughter has a man who always thinks she is a keeper,
(It gives me peace of mind that she won't end up with a creeper.)
You loved me back when I was young and more now that I'm not.
You've hardly aged a day yourself, (and I still think you're hot.)
It's true you interrupt me and sometimes snore quite badly,
But you put up with my two faults and so I love you madly!
;)
xoxo

2 comments: