Psalm 77:11-12

I shall remember the deeds of the LORD; surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I will meditate on all Your work and muse on Your deeds. Psalm 77:11-12

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My First Goats!

I've been researching the kinds of goats I want: Kikos for meat, resilience and ease of keeping, Alpines for milk.

On Saturday I finally heard back from a woman who had posted these two on Craigslist and was tired of no-show buyers. I now have:
--An Alpine nanny
--Her Kiko/Alpine doeling.

For $150 they became mine, and no that does not include the gas for the just under 3 hour each way trip. But it made for a nice day with my man, and the gals are delightful. They did not make one sound the entire trip home in the back of the van! (Which now smells like, um, not nice.)

They promptly owned their room in the lower corner of the barn and put Bella (the Pyrenees) on warning. She is recovering from the shock but understands fully now that Mommas are always The Boss.

We were told the doeling was stand-offish, but have found that on the contrary she loves to be petted and scratched and fed goodies like carrots and tree branches. I really think this is going to work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment