Psalm 77:11-12

I shall remember the deeds of the LORD; surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I will meditate on all Your work and muse on Your deeds. Psalm 77:11-12

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Foreknowledge of God in a Box


Today I was reminded of the unfathomable plans of God and how He delights to bring us into them. Today I stood speechless outside my corncrib and quite literally remained glued to one place for minutes with my mouth hanging wide open in awe. Today I stood, stunned, and worshiped a God who includes me, nothing, nobody me, in His fascinating plans for this world. 
Then I got my camera...

We moved to Aurora, Indiana a little over 6 years ago and sometime during that first year I picked up an old, over-sized mailbox for $3 at a garage sale. I didn't need it, didn't use it, don't collect memorabilia, and even when I tried to find a function for it could not. Then I thought to sell it, but didn't do that either, and so it sat in the corn crib untended ever since. I have a vague recollection of looking for the address once or twice as I passed by the location painted on the box, and another vague recollection of never figuring out precisely where it came from, but that was long ago and of little importance at the time.

 I am not blogging much these days because I am consumed. I am pursuing opening a natural foods market and cafe in our town, and to say I have been astonished by God's divine 'push', counsel, guidance and provision thus far as I have tried to obey this commission does not begin to tell the story. 
And it will not be a short story either, when I am finally able to tell it, because God, His plans and His dealings with His children are complex and worth hearing in fine detail. 
But here is a tiny anecdote along the lines of an ever-growing list of similar "tiny" anecdotes all covered in very large, very loving, very amazing fingerprints:


We are buying a big, old, 1950's warehouse, in need of a lot of work, on Highway 50. It is the main thoroughfare through Aurora, though not part of "Old Aurora" proper. The building used to be part of concrete monument and vault plant that included three buildings, but has since been divided with two buildings on one side and the warehouse on the other. We are purchasing the warehouse, which was most recently an auction building of sorts. The funny thing about highway 50 in our area is that as you travel through each of the small towns it passes through here--Greendale, Lawrenceburg, and Aurora-- Highway 50 is sometimes called E Eades Parkway, W Eades Parkway or Green Boulevard. (A fact you might never know unless you were mailing a letter to one of the businesses there or happened to see it on a map.)

So last month I asked the owner of the warehouse what the specific address is there, as no numbers grace any of the buildings. He told me that originally the plant all had the same address, but after the lot was divided some time ago, the warehouse, which was the local Coca-Cola plant for a time, was designated 718 Green Blvd. 
:)
I may not own building yet, but I've owned the mailbox for over 5 years.


1 comment:

  1. I'd have been standing in awe with my mouth wide open myself! Fantastic story!

    ReplyDelete